Monday, February 22, 2010

hw#40

Same Questions in every Interview

Amber

1) Is your social life more important than your grades?

I think they both are. But for society, education is more important because later in life our grades will be more important than how many friends one had. But I guess to be content we must balance them.

2) How does society and school connect?

Society and school the material we learn in school will impact the role we will play in society. In school we are being molded from the knowledge and insights from other students which will help us make better decisions to impact society in a positive way.

3) Do you think we really have the choice to go to any hs?

It depends on how well your doing in school and the choices we make.

Yasmine

1) Yes, because I don't find the idea of school important. Gets in the way of social life because can't go out when I have to write an essay.

2) Grades are really important in society, so we can have a good job. Don't think that should be how to evaluate if you are going to be good worker or better than the one who never finished high school.

3) I don't think so because they don't give people a fair chance.

Andy

1) No

2) In a thousand ways, for instance society teaches how school is set up and school affects how newer members of society see the world.

3) Some people do. I think it's fair, if school has a certain theme then they should only accept the kids they want. ( i gave the ex. LaGuardia) I'd prefer if SOF only accepted kids that actually wanted to be in SOF.

Me

1) I find that it does, it can be stressing at time because I can spend periods of time only doing my homework, college class, doing nothing but work. But during this time, I feel disconnected with the world, so then I stop and then spend another period doing nothing but hang with my friends and family but then again I realized I'm behind and become stressed, so i go back to work. Making my life really crazy because I lose in touch with people or I my grades start going down. Hopefully I can find a better balance of these two in my life.

2) Society makes school seem like it's needed to succeed in life and it usually does. This leads to competition in schools and people doing all they can to get themselves or their children an education. But why does society make it necessary all the time? Ever since your born and start school, you are told ( or at least I was.) that finishing school, getting good grades was the most important thing to have the best life you can.

3) I dont think so, i believe that sometimes it's hard to get into school because it is very competitive or can be unfair.

Angela

1) No, because I don't really like school, and as long as i have a passing grade. but i do try to balance it out, to make sure i don't fail.

2) I don't know, i guess i should stay in school and learn it. In order to sucess in society or be in important, you have to have an education.

3) Yes, we have the choice because we decide to go and as long as you measure up to school's requirements. But this system can be flawed, so some get in and some don't

No comments:

Post a Comment