Monday, May 17, 2010

Hw # 56

1) What are a few ethics your parents have taught you?

Matthew: To be nice, helpful, responsible, work ethics and have good character are few things they would like me to be.

Amber: My parents have taught me a lot of things, they have taught me from wrong to right. They are the ones that helped me become who I am and to think in the right direction keeping my religion and family in mind at all times.

Lizbeth: Religion is important, and so is our cultural background

2) Do your parent's influence your daily decisions? If so...

Matthew: Yes

Amber: Yes, my parents do influence my daily decisions, but I would say that all falls under my religion. My daily decisions are influenced by my parents because we are all influenced by our faith. This is what keeps me in the right path.

Lizbeth: They do sometimes, mainly if it is an important decision and remember when they mentioned consequences or other possibilities that could occur.

3) Which one of your parents influence you the most and why?

Matthew: My mom because I have a better speaking relationship with her and I do try to listen to her for the most part when she isn't annoying me. I think she's such a good person so I let her influence my decisions but I believe in the end it is your own decision.

Amber: I would say both my parents influence me a lot, but if I had to choose one. I would say my mom. I spend a lot of time with her, and I am more comfortable with her compared to my dad. But I am very close to my dad as well, but I guess I am more comparable to a female figure.

Lizbeth: I think both of my parents influence me equally because decision making is done between them both and i consult both of them

4) Do you feel like you are living your life according to your parents views?

Matthew: No I think if i was I'd be in a better place and for the most part I am living my life in my own views. I'd care about school and grades more and be better off. The reason I choose my own views over theirs is maybe there's is a quiet rebel inside of us that would rather do fun things instead of things we should do. I'm also hoping my own views lead me in the right track, because you have to make your own mistakes. How can you pick yourself if you've never fallen, your parents won't always be there. You have to have a bit of self - reliance.

Amber: Yes, I do feel like I am living my life according to my parents views. I have learned much from them and later on in life I will use what I have learned from them in a good way. If I live by their views, other people will notice me and say that when it comes to my parents and I, I will never let them down.

Lizbeth: I think i meet most of my parents ideals, and have a lot more to live up to as I grow

5) Do they have a certain path for you or are they happy with what ever life you choose?

Matthew: They definitely have a certain path for me but am i choosing to follow it? I think not. I think that's what parenting basically is the parent trying to approve on their mistakes through their own kid.

Amber: My parents do have a certain path for me. Some of it has to do with our religion, and the other stuff has to do with what they want.

Lizbeth: I think I meet most of my parents ideals, and have a lot more to live up to as I grow.

6) Do you think your ever going to end up being your parent?

Matthew: I don't think it'd be terrible but i would hope my life would be different and not end up where they are at, not that where they are now is bad but I want to have children from a long long time from now and I think marriage is silly. I know few parents that are successful but know a lot more marriages that are unhappy. I think if you know you love each other why do you need marriage.

Amber: Yeah, I think I will end up taking my experiences being parented from my mom and dad and use them in some ways when I parent my own child. There will be somethings I might have to change, because as a child there are always things you think you wouldn't do with your own child if you were to be a parent.

Lizbeth: I will probably have similar ideals as them, but not the same, and I would use everything they have taught me as a foundation to raise my children.


What I liked about the interviews is that they to me seemed honest, and 2 out of 3 talked about religion being one of the things their parents taught them, and I can definitely connect because I also was brought up with idea of going to church on Sundays, basically a religious background. And each family had different values that were taught in their homes like work ethics, cultural background or religion. All them answered yes to my third question that they do let parent's influence some of their daily decisions but I believe at the end of the day one is who makes the final decision, influenced or not. None of them wanted to be mirror image of their parents spoke of how somehow they wanted to be different but at the same time somehow similar. No one wants to be exactly their mother or father but sometimes we do some things they did without realizing it or wnting to. We also remember everything we hated our parents would do and try to avoid it with own children. They also all had a certain path given to them by their parents but again one chooses whether to take it or go complete opposite way. In the end it was nice to hear about other kid's parents and the goals and ethics the parents have for their own kids. Because not every family is like mine, even if we sometimes forget this they are not.

SURVEY QUESTION:

Are you choosing to follow the path your parents have for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment