Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hw # 53 - ALL 4 parts

Part 1: Took the survey

Part 2:

While taking this survey some of the questions did make me have to stop and think about the answer while others it only took a second to answer. Questions that i had to think more deeply were always about connections with others but the ones about previous experiences I answered more quickly because I had either already lived them or never did like love, drug use, etc. Thankfully I took survey at home but still has that thought in the back of your mind of what would someone else answer or say about your answer? Also noticed that the questions I stopped and thought longer about were things I really hadn't put much thought into before. I did try to answer ever question honestly but sometimes the questions needed more than just a yes, no or neutral answer. Which was reason why there were short - ended questions which I chose not to answer because felt like people in class might be able to recognize who wrote what.


Part 3 :

There were definitely some interesting scores for example there was a high rate of people who said that they have been in love which I had thought would be pretty low due to the fact most of us are 17 -18 and haven't experienced much of life much less love. Another thing I noticed was there was high rate of suicide which kind of scared me to think that someone nearby me has thought of killing themselves once. Which i thought no one would ever possibly think about because life is so worth living. But it just goes to show you how little I know about others and perhaps even myself. Anias also mentioned how many chose their friends over their own family and i remember answering this question quickly choosing my family. But now I realize for others maybe their friends are their family because their family might not be in the picture or as important to them. It makes you realize as well that everyone else is not like you, they have learn how to deal with their family, or the situations that come up in their life. " We all assume every one's family is like ours." - Yasmine. I thought it was nice that a lot people had a friend they knew would be their friend for the rest of their life. Another percentage i noticed was low was for the question i do stupid thing/ or things I don't like to for friends which i had expected to be high because I feel like everyone has done this once in their life maybe not stupid or life - threatening but have followed along with friends to be socially accepted and perhaps even become cool.

Part 4:

The professionally done survey gave background info on what they were proving. They then gave results on survey that was more specific k-just about teen sex and pregnancy unlike our which had many ideas going on family, friendship, love, ourselves etc. And because it was more specific it made it easier to connect many of the results like a low number of teens do not use birth control pills lead to the high percentage of teens getting pregnant. They also received a lot more data, even from every single borough, while in our quick survey only a few took it. Making our results a bit off and not as realistic. They also give list of ways to prevent all this (unprotected sex, pregnancies,etc.) while we just looked at results and thought deeply about what these results mean to us and our relationships. Our results also could've been off because like Jin said " we don't want to admit the truth." so we try to trick ourselves and lie to the survey making them not proof enough to make it a fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment