Monday, May 10, 2010

Hw # 54

My result: ESFP

Extroverted (E) 54.55% Introverted (I) 45.45%
Sensing (S) 53.13% Intuitive (N) 46.88%
Thinking (T) 50% Feeling (F) 50%
Perceiving (P) 53.85% Judging (J) 46.15%

When I took this test many of the questions made me laugh and think how does this determine who I am and what career to choose. My results for the first letter were only a 5% off which I found to be true because I enjoy other people and don't feel exhausted after talking to others, but there are times when I just need some space and alone time to get all my thoughts together or just relax. I do agree with second letter because I am more about the present and reality but it doesn't mean i don't like to have my head in the clouds at times.

The third letter was exactly 50 50 but I had thought I'd be more thinking than feeling because I tend to over analyze things and use more of my thoughts than feelings to make decisions. And the careers it said I should be like massage therapist or travel agent are not by ideal jobs or jobs I had ever considered while the ones disfavored like artist or writer were more of what I'd like to do. So this test isn't 100% of who I am, and tomorrow I could decide to become more by the rules or to rely more on my emotions than my mind making it impossible for a test to determine who I am throughout the coarse of my life.


I think this test though would be helpful to understand a person but it can also create judgement of the person making it who they are when it isn't. In class I realized this test can be accurate but a person can change their preference making it no longer who they are. Also noticed when we tried to predict others letter we usually got it right, especially when we did it letter by letter. But we would question other's personality why are u so quiet and closed in? or why are you so loud and obnoxious. We think others are wrong but they are just different. This goes back to the survey we took we assume everyone is like us but in reality they aren't because then everyone would be the same. This is called projection, we try to judge others by what we are trying to do ourselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment